Sunday, June 8, 2008

setting up the site

For now I'm using YaBB, a free forum system that is included with my current hosting provider, HostGator. Since it's included with my monthly fee, I figured I could take it for a test run. So far there's a lot of settings to fiddle with, and I don't know for sure that this is how I want to run the website, but for now, it will do.

One feature I'm debating about adding, is an auto-generated list of job postings found online. One of the challenges of including an auto-generated list is there's no guarantee that the listings that show up are legit. Of course there's no guarantee that everyone who posts a job is legit either. The question is whether it's worth having, even with the high chance that many of the listings will be bogus.

Hmmmm, something to think about.

No comments: